Work should never be work.
Do you want to help create amazing environments, exhibits, and experiences? Are you driven and focused on your goals? ADEX International is always looking for talent.
Seeking a Project Engineer to join the growing Permanent Installation Division at ADEX Intl. The Project Engineer will be the person responsible for interpreting the concept drawings and from those, creating a set of drawings detailing the construction of all project components. Based on an understanding of construction techniques and materials, shop abilities and available machinery the Project Engineer will formulate the base strategy for producing the project.
- Communication – An ability to review the information given, identify possible challenges and communicate them to the project manager. Continue to communicate with project manager as project circumstances change and as other challenges arise. Once drawings are complete, communicate technique and process to production staff.
- Drawing – Must possess CAD drawing skills and experience. 3D modeling skills are a plus and the development of those skills will be encouraged. The drawings are expected to contain all information necessary for efficient construction, including material call outs, and be presented in a clear straight forward method.
- Engineering – Possess a general understanding of construction techniques and materials. Be able to figure out the simplest, quickest way to build projects and coordinate that construction approach with the shop’s and/or subcontractor’s approach to construction.
- Willingness to learn and adapt is a must.
- 3 – 5 years experience drafting, using AutoCAD or Inventor, in the exhibit, museum, architecture, design, construction, trade show or theatrical environment
- Knowledge of mill work, wood, plastics, and metal fabrication techniques
- Knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical interactives preferred
- Preferred degree in related field (Architecture, Industrial Design, Technical Direction, Exhibit Design)
- Be able to take a concept or schematic level design and, with direction, engineer the exhibit in the simplest, quickest way to build it.
- Drawings must be complete, provide all information necessary to build the exhibit
- Material list
- Must work well with project manager as well as shop foreman and fabricators.
Seeking an Exhibit Fabricator to join the growing Permanent Installation Division at ADEX Intl. ADEX Intl. is looking for an experienced exhibit fabricator. If you have NOT built exhibits before, other experience that will be considered includes: built/installed cabinetry, built sets for theatre productions, or something similar.
The Exhibit Fabricator must be able to build exhibit items from shop drawings. Must have a solid understanding of construction techniques and materials, and must have a willingness to travel periodically for install.
+ Carpentry and/or cabinet making
+ Safe use of shop tools including but, not limited to: drills, saws, palm routers
+ Willingness to learn and adapt
+ Proficiency in any of the following a plus:
+ Interpersonal communication skills
+ Plastics fabrication
+ Lighting electrics
+ CNC production files